Location: Jamestown, RI
Conanicut Island Sailing Foundation is focused on increasing hands-on learning experiences for children ages 11-16 through marine science and sailing camps. In 2016, Conanicut Island Sailing Foundation will work to expand their marine education & environmental programming to include the following:
• Investigating and using hydropower and hydrokinetic power;
• Using robotics to allow campers to explore under the water’s surface;
• Reducing our environmental footprint;
• Creating a local weather monitoring station; and
• Collecting and recording marine debris.