Conanicut Island Sailing Foundation
Marine Education & Environmental Programming Expansion Project
Conanicut Island Sailing Foundation is focused on increasing hands-on learning experiences for children ages 11-16 through marine science and sailing camps. In 2016, Conanicut Island Sailing Foundation worked to expand their marine education & environmental programming to include the following:
- Investigating and using hydropower and hydrokinetic power;
- Using robotics to allow campers to explore under the water’s surface;
- Reducing our environmental footprint;
- Creating a local weather monitoring station; and
- Collecting and recording marine debris.