11th Hour Racing’s grant program, funded by The Schmidt Family Foundation, is committed to advancing innovative projects that improve the health of our oceans and address the dynamic environmental challenges facing the sailing and marine communities. We seek projects that align with 11th Hour Racing’s programmatic strategy to advance one or more of these focus areas:
- Ocean Literacy & Stewardship – increase the understanding and appreciation of the importance of healthy oceans and waterways to communities through experiential learning, citizen science, and powerful story-telling
- Clean Technologies & Best Practices – advance practices and technologies in coastal communities and the marine industry that reduce waste, prevent plastic pollution, improve water quality, and assess new circular solutions
- Ecosystem Restoration – improve water quality, bolster coastal resilience, and sequester carbon through coastal habitat restoration
Pictured above: Rare staff researching contaminants in a watershed. Credit: Jason Houston
Have an idea that aligns with our mission? Click below to read more about our grant funding strategy and requirements.
We hold two grant reviews each year. Deadlines for submissions are:
- January 31st, 2021: Grants awarded in May 2021
- June 15th, 2021: Grants awarded in October 2021
*Organizations are welcome to apply before dates listed above. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; however, responses before our scheduled biannual grant reviews are not guaranteed.