11th Hour Racing’s grant program, funded by The Schmidt Family Foundation, is committed to advancing innovative projects that improve the health of our oceans and address the dynamic environmental challenges facing the sailing and marine communities. We seek projects that align with 11th Hour Racing’s programmatic strategy to advance one or more of these focus areas:
- Ocean Literacy & Stewardship – increase the understanding and appreciation of the importance of healthy oceans and waterways to communities through experiential learning, citizen science, and powerful story-telling
- Clean Technologies & Best Practices – advance practices and technologies in coastal communities and the marine industry that reduce waste, prevent plastic pollution, improve water quality, and assess new circular solutions
- Ecosystem Restoration – improve water quality, bolster coastal resilience, and sequester carbon through coastal habitat restoration
Header image credit: Matt Curnock / Ocean Image Bank
Have an idea that aligns with our mission? Click below to read more about our grant funding strategy and requirements.
We hold two grant reviews for new applicants each year.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and reviewed on the following schedule:
- January 31st, 2022: Grants awarded in May 2022
- June 15th, 2022: Grants awarded in October 2022
Organizations that have previously received grant funding from 11th Hour Racing should speak with their grant manager about renewal.